Central Dep. For Research & Climate
The Central Dep. for Research and Climate is responsible for the overall planning of the work programs and the general supervision of the technical and administrative work of :
General Directorate of Scientific Research, and General Directorate of Climate.
The Central Dep. for Research and Climate sets policy and coordination between the two departments and supervises working groups in the field of meteorological and climate research to serve the various sectors in the country in accordance with the international commitments required in this field.
We can summarize the functions of the Central Dep. for Research and Climate as follows :
Responsibilities and duties :
- General planning of theoretical and applied research work for the civil, military or international sectors as required by WMO.
- To set the general policy for the work programs of scientific research stations (agricultural stations, radiation stations, pollution stations, ozone stations, etc.).
- Official representation of the Egyptian Meteorological Authority (EMA) in international and local conferences, and in meteorological and climate research committees at the local level, in cooperation with the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Environment, Industry, Petroleum and Water Resources, etc.
- Oversee the provision of climate data for various sectors of the country
- Oversee the development of climate databases for various sectors in the country.
- Supervising the climate information and data required for studies and researches required for the preparation of economic projects.
- Supervise the issuance and development of climate references and follow up the publication of climate atlases among countries
And many other works